Structural editing is also sometimes called developmental or substantive editing.
You might want this service if:
- You have a project in mind, in progress, or a finished draft.
- You’re ready to start writing (or rewriting) and want to go into it with a definite plan, so you’re not wasting time and effort.
What I’ll do:
Everything included in a Manuscript Evaluation, plus:
- Assess the organization, content, meaning, coherence, and flow of the piece.
- Reorganize, add, or delete content as needed.
- Refine language to ensure the material is suitable for the intended audience, market, medium, and purpose.
- Recommend a priority and sequence of next steps to make the best use of your writing time and effort and achieve your vision for the work.
What you’ll get back:
- An editorial letter outlining a detailed recommended plan of attack to guide your writing process.
- A copy of your manuscript with my comments and suggestions.